Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Survival Skills

For Christmas this last year, Scott got Dalton lots of new gear for Scout Camp trips.  On Friday night, Dalton had the opportunity to finally use his new backpack.  This thing is LOADED with pockets and it was fun to watch as Dalton loaded it up - with EVERYTHING he thought he might need for 1 night of camping - including 7 pairs of socks.  I think he learned his lesson from last time when his socks got wet and he didn't have another pair.

The scouts stayed the night at Camp Friedlander and worked on their fire building skills.  They slept in a meg-shift cabin structure, so no real door, but at least it wasn't a tent.  It was quite windy, but not as cold as it has been the last few nights.  I'm thankful he has an awesome Scout leader, and that he was able to go with the troop.



Scott helped get the backpack adjustments made.




He looks ready!



It was the warmest night of the week - Check out what Monday night looks like!  All I can say is I'm glad I was home in my nice warm bed.

No comments: